Our Vienna Chiropractor Treats & Prevents Back Pain
At Pure Chiropractic, back pain is the most common condition that our Vienna chiropractor evaluates and treats at our clinic. Whether acute or chronic, back pain can respond exceptionally well to chiropractic care—a drug-free modality that's safe and effective for men, women, and children alike.
Common Diagnoses of Back Pain & Their Symptoms
The most common causes of back pain include:
- Muscle strains and ligament sprains
- Joint subluxations (including facet joint locks and anterolisthesis)
- Stenosis (narrowing of the spinal canal)
- Degenerative joint disease (narrowing of vertebral joint spaces due to thinning and breakdown of the disc)
- Disc herniation or bulge
- Nerve impingement (e.g., sciatica in the low back or cervical radiculopathy in the neck)
Because so many factors affect the degree and severity of a person's back pain, the same condition can present very differently in different people. The pain itself, for instance, may be dull and achy, and the muscles and connective tissues over the area of the injury can be tense and tender.
Pain may also be sharp or travel down an arm or leg if nerve impingement is involved. Additional symptoms can include spinal stiffness, decreased range of motion in the hips (which can be a cause as well as a symptom), and numbness, tingling, and weakness in an arm or leg.
What Causes Back Pain?
Why is your back bothering you? It's not always obvious. Common contributing causes and risk factors include:
- Age: the risk increases generally as you get older, particularly if you are a male between the ages of 30-55
- Physically demanding occupation, sport, and/or hobby
- Poor body mechanics, poor ergonomics, and repetitive movement
- Trauma (e.g., auto accident, sports accident, personal injury)
- Excessive sedentary behavior
- A prior history of back pain
- Other health factors like genetics, obesity, smoking, depression, and even stress
Chiropractic Treatment for Back Pain
Our services are readily tailored to each patient, and can help in a variety of ways:
- Spinal screens and chiropractic adjustments help realign the spine, restore normal movement and function, and relieve pain naturally
- Corrective exercises help you increase core stability and increase flexibility in the shoulders and hips as needed
- Lifestyle advice and nutritional counseling allows you to minimize or eliminate preventable factors which are exacerbating or prolonging your pain
Is Back Pain Impairing Your Everyday Function? Contact Our Vienna Chiropractor Today
If you've been looking for relief, contact Dr. Lemuel for natural and effective back pain treatment. Contact Pure Chiropractic in Vienna, VA by calling (703) 319-1212 to schedule your initial consultation and exam.